Here is how to revise your Essay
After writing your first draft, there comes the most important part of it—revision. The reason is you will not present your first or second draft to your readers but the final one. That is why you have to pay the greatest attention to this process because it will either make or break your efforts. You have to fine tune it to achieve its purpose. The remaining paragraphs of this article will show you how you can achieve a perfectly revised final draft. Assignment baron will help you to revise your academic paper.
Why should you revise your essay?
Before we see how you need to review your essay, let’s look at why you have to do it. Below are the three main objectives of revising your paper.
- Bring out your intended meaning. Words are communication tools, and they need to convey the meaning you want. You need to revise your essay so that your readers can “hear” what you intended it to say.
- Enhance clarity and understanding. If readers can’t understand your essay, then it is useless. Revision makes it easy to comprehend it.
- Favorable acceptance. The third objective of revising your essay is to allow it to have favorable reception among your readers.
But how do you revise your essay?
This section will show you how to carry out this critical process. Below are some of these techniques.
- Rearrangement of information. The first way you can use to revise your paper is rearranging the information. You can reformat the way your paragraphs and sentences appear in the essay. However, you need to do so with the interest of your readers in mind.
- Another method of revising your paper is deleting unnecessary details. You need to check and remove any repeated, unclear, and redundant words that don’t add value to your essay or help your readers to understand it better.
- You can also revise your essay by making additions. You can add words and sentences that you feel will enhance the readability and value of your paper. An addition of new ideas is another way of ensuring your essay is more compelling and appealing. One of the best ways of getting ideas to add is allowing a trusted a resourceful friend to read through the paper and make valuable suggestions that will enhance its value.
- Play the reader. The most objective way of critiquing and revising your paper is wearing your reader’s eyes and putting yourself in their shoes. What would you like to be added to or removed from it? If you can answer this question objectively, go ahead and include it there. The reason is that you are not writing for yourself but your audience hence you need to give them the priority.
Lastly, revise your paper so that it conforms to your topic and thesis. If you miss this point, all the other factors discussed above will go to waste. Keeping within your thesis is the primary way of adding value to your readers.